Saturday, August 16, 2008

Day 6 on P90X Saturday August 16, 2008

Six days in now who would have thought it. Whew, now this has really been hard for me. It is hard doing the meal planning, and getting up early to do these workouts. Now I am telling you if I can do this anybody can, I mean if you are not like 50lbs over weight. I didn’t get much rest last night because I went to bed late. I was watching The Edge last night Staring Anthony Hopkins. I am quite a movies goer but I missed this one.

Today I wanted to have a sandwich for lunch but we are only allowed one carbohydrate (carbs) per day. Now I like to eat my carbs in the morning so that they are available when I do my P90X workouts. So I decided to split my whole wheat Bagel in half so I could eat half for breakfast and half for lunch. This worked out great cause now I can have me a Turkey sandwich for lunch with mustard. I also split my fruit so I could have two at once. Cantaloupe and Grapes was my choice for breakfast along with Bacon, Bagel, Jam, and cup of Milk. Now I am all pumped for todays workout Kenpo X. One thing about P90X so far everyday has been something different except for the Ab Ripper X routine. So, I am ready for the next step feeling all excited. I kind of like to read in the book how long the workouts are going to be for the day and how long it will take to complete. Now don’t do like me and assume that is the actual time of the workout. For me it is just a suggested time cause I have to skip back several times to see exactly how they do some of those moves, not to mention pausing the DVD cause I am out of breath or have to rest for a second to get my leg up 10 more times. Now I don’t know what if is about Kenpo X that makes you sweat so much but lets say I have ran three miles and sweated less. Either the workout was not to bad or I am starting to get a little better since I started. It still kicked my but with some of those hook/uppercut/lowsidekick/punch combinations or something like that ‘where is the pause button”. Tony jokes that this teaches you self-defense but you know what if you challenged someone to do this who never has you will win once you become the master of it. Normal athletic people are not ready for all of this unprepared.

Tomorrow can be either a rest day or a stretch day and I have not decided which I will do yet. I do know that after a week of this I deserve a day off. However, I will let you know tomorrow so look for my blog post.

No comments: