Monday, August 11, 2008

Day 1 on P90X Monday August 11, 2008

Today was my first day with the P90X Extreme Workout. Breakfast was a real treat cause I have never really liked eating Egg Whites by itself. Now I like Eggs just not the Whites by itself. I cheated and put some onions and green peppers in it. I also added some Hot Sauce and Black Pepper. The Turkey bacon was not to bad at all. Now, the Oatmeal was a challenge cause I don’t think I am suppose to use sugar. I added a little piece of margarine and some Honey which was tolerable.

I expected P90X to be difficult and of course it is. I pre-viewed the first disc Chest and Back. On the disc the call out reps in the twenty when they are doing chin-ups and push-ups. Now it would be nice if I could tell you that I did as many as they were doing. But like Tony says do as many as you can and pause the tape if you have to. Well, I did a lot of pausing of that tape. At one point I had to just stop the tape and rest and lay down because I was getting nauseas from working out. This happened when I was doing the second round at the Decline Push-up part. I think I rested for about 40 minutes before getting up to finish. When I looked at the time I noticed that I had passed my snack time by about 30 minutes. I ate my String cheese and decided I needed an extra Carb boost the I also ate a piece of Wheat bread. The book says that this is good when you feel like you have “boinked” and can’t finish your exercise. I did complete the Chest and Back work outs. Next comes the Ab Ripper X which is about 16 minutes long. It seemed easy enough but as the groups of exercises increase my energy decreased. On the last few I did not do as many as they did on the DVD. I will do better next time. But, for now I am just happy to have completed my first day.

No comments: